What Do You Think?
In Your Opinion…
1. What Are The Elements Of A “Good Marriage”?
2. What Is A Good Age For Two People To Get Married?
3. Do You Think That It Matters If There Is A Large Age Difference Between The People Getting Married?
4. Do You Think That There Are Some People Who Should Not Get Married?
5. Have Ideas And Conventions About Marriage, In Your Country, Changed Very Much In The Last 25 – 50 Years? If So, How? What Are Your Feelings/Opinions About That?
What Do These Quotes Mean To You?
“Marriage always demands the finest arts of insincerity possible between two human beings.”
“No matter how happily [married] a woman may be…, it always pleases her to discover that there is a nice man who wishes that she were not.”
~H. L. Mencken
“You see an awful lot of smart smart guys with dumb women — but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.”
1. Which (if any) Of The Quotes Above Do You Agree With? Which Ones Do You Dis-agree With?
2. Are There Any Similar Quotes That You Have Heard — Either In Your Own Language, Or In English?
3. Is There Anything Else That You Would Like To Ask Or Add Before Reading The Text?